You have a funky smell emanating from sink and it’s not those day old dishes. Think about all the stuff you put down your drain. Think about all the food particles and left over liquids that get caught in the nooks an crannies. With the way things are going for most people nowadays is you would like to avoid harsh cleaning chemicals that can damage you sink be harmful to your health.
Clean Mama’s garbage disposal cleaning method:
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup baking soda
- Mix lemon juice and baking soda to make a pasty liquid.
- Pour the fizzing liquid down the disposal. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Run cold water and turn on disposal and run for up to a minute.
Doctor Rooter’s garbage disposal cleaning method:
½ cup baking soda
½ cup vinegar
- Sprinkle the baking soda down the drain, getting as much of it into the disposal as possible.
- Pour in the vinegar (this will begin the reaction between the base and and the acid).
- Let this mixture react for about five minutes, then run hot water down the drain for about 30 seconds.
- If the smell persists, repeat.
One Good Thing by Jillee’s garbage disposal cleaning method:
Ingredients and materials:
Ice cube tray
- Cut up a lemon and place a lemon slice into each ice cube mold.
- Fill the rest of each cube mold with vinegar.
- Freeze fully, then keep the cubes in a zip-top bag in the freezer.
- Feed a handful of cubes into the disposal every few days, then run cold water and the disposal until they are crushed up.
If you need help with any of these please don’t hesitate to call us, we’re always happy to help. Remember Washa Construction is always a simple phone call 608-838-8318 or click away. http://www.washaconstruction.com
Methods found on: http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/46171692?utm_source=Houzz&utm_campaign=u1183&utm_medium=email&utm_content=gallery15